Boba Tea, Pearl Tea, Bubble Tea Or Tapioca Tea
BOBA Tea also called Pearl Milk Tea, Bubble Milk Tea, Tapioca Tea and Boba Milk Tea.
Maybe you must be trying it the first time to prepare Boba recipes.
The Boba Tea or Bubble Tea is really one of the best delicious😋 beverages you will taste in your life.
Boba is those things that would turn a bad day into a good one😍.
Bubble Tea or Boba Tea is recognizable to many people by the tapioca balls at the bottom and the wide straws that allow you to sip them along with your tea.
You probably know bubble tea when you see it.
How much do you really know about this tasty Boba (Pearl) beverage?
DID YOU KNOW?
Even though Bubble Tea🥤 was created by adding tapioca balls into the tea, the “Bubble” in “Bubble Tea” actually refers to the oxygen pockets formed by shaking the tea.
It’s likely that these same bubbles formed when tapioca dessert was poured into the tea.
The size of the tapioca in bubble tea can also vary.
Pearl tea refers to the original bubble tea with smaller tapioca “pearls”.
Boba tea, on the other hand, refers to the bubble tea with larger pearls.
If you want something chewy in your bubble tea🥤, but don’t like tapioca, that’s also not a problem!
Other options for the balls include grass or coconut jellies🍮.
You can also get popping boba, which is made from a seaweed extract with fruit juice🍹 flavouring inside that pops open once you bite into it.
Some shops🏪 even offer puddings or beans as a tapioca-alternative.
Meanwhile, you may have mostly had bubble tea in its cold form, but drinkers aren’t limited to what has become known as the traditional style.
If you’re craving bubble tea in the freezing winter☃, you can find it available in hot varieties to help you warm up.
Some shops offer lots of options, including green, black, oolong, and sometimes even Thai and chai tea☕.
HOW TO MAKE BOBA?
- 2 cup Muscovado sugar
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- Add ½ cup water and add muscovado sugar ¼ cup
- Turn the flame to medium-high heat🌡
- Stir it until it dissolves and start to boil🔥.
- Once it starts to boil add ½ tbsp tapioca flour
- Mix it well to avoid clumps and if there are too many clumps then you can add little water.
- Then again add ½ cup tapioca flour.
- Stir it vigorously until it forms a super sticky dough.
- Now turn the heat off and add more ½ cup tapioca flour and turn it into a ball.
- Then cool the boba dough.
- If you feel your dough is too dry add water💧 and if you feel that the dough is wet then add tapioca flour.
- Roll the dough into small dough logs.
- Cut these logs into small pieces ¼ inch and turn them into little balls🌕.
- Put them into a bowl full of tapioca flour and make sure they are coated well so they do not stick each other
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil then put the boba balls into it, stir and then leave it for next 20 minutes⏱.
- MUSCOVADO SUGAR
- Take 1 cup Muscovado sugar and add some water and mix well.
- Heat it and make it nice and viscous.
- Pour it into a container and add boba balls into it.
- Leave the boba’s in the brown sugar syrup for 30min⏱ to 1 hour⏱.
- So that it will soak deep flavour of muscovado sugar.
#1 BOBA MILK TEA
I put this first because I think everyone trying boba for the 1st time should definitely try Classic Boba Milk Tea experience.
- 6 Teabags
- Condensed milk
- Add 2 cup of water in a pot and 6 tea bags.
- Heat it and it starts to release its gorgeous, dark brown hue.
- Take a spoon🥄 and press on the tea bags.
- Bring to a boil then it cools to room temperature.
- MILK MIXTURE: I personally love❤ using condensed milk🥛.
- Take 2tbsp milk and 3tbsp condensed milk (it make boba milk tea multi-dimensional)
#2 MANGO SMOOTHIE WITH BOBA
Mango Smoothie with Boba is very delicious😋 is one of my childhood favourites😍 because it is so sweet and summery and refreshing😊.
It is just super easy.
- 1 1/2 cup Frozen Mango Chunks.
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup water
- Add Frozen Mango Chunks🥭 some water and some condensed milk into the blender and blend it.
- Once you blend it add Boba into the glass and add mango smoothie🤤.
#3 STRAWBERRY BOBA MATCHA LATTE
- 1/2 Cup Diced Strawberry
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tsp of Matcha
- 1/3 Cup of Hot water
- Add 1/2 cup diced strawberries🍓 and 2 tbsp of sugar in a bowl.
- Muddle it with a fork until it is nice and juicy and keep it aside for 10 minutes⏱.
- Till then add 1 tsp of matcha powder and 1/3 cup of hot water in a cup.
- Whisk it until the bubble forms on the surface.
- Add Boba in the mug or glass🥛 followed by muddled strawberries.
- Now put ice on the strawberries🍓 and slowly add the milk and at the last add matcha.
- And your colourful strawberry boba matcha latte is ready😍.
#4 TARO BOBA MILK TEA
It has the nuttiness that other drinks don’t have. If you love nutty flavour then here is a lovely recipe for you.
- 1 Cup Green Tea
- 2-3 tbsp Taro Powder
- 2 tbsp milk mixture.
- Pour green tea☕ in a cup as alone before and whisk the taro powder into the green tea
- Add boba, then some and then pour the taro tea in the glass.
- Then slowly add in 2tbps milk mixture.
- Oh! That was so easy✌ and quick. Cheers🥂!
#5.BOBA PEA TEA LATTE
This is like the big six because I think it’s the prettiest the boba pea tea latte.
If you don’t know what pea tea is it is a type of tea derived from the 🦋Butterfly Pea Flower beautiful blue colour and if pour Lemon Juice🍋 in it it will turn purple🟪.
- 1 tsp of Pea Tea Leaves
- 1 Cup of Hot Water
- Steep I top loose pea tea leaves in a cup of hot water for 5 min⏱ and strain it until it comes to room temp.
- Then add Boba in the glass🥛 followed by ice🧊 and then pour the pea tea.
- That will pretty! Isn’t it? Add a couple of tbsp.’ of the milk mixture
It tastes like a very light version of Thai tea☕. So if you enjoy light tea, this may be for you.
#6. BOBA STRAWBERRY GUAVA WHITE TEA
- 1 cup ice
- 6 large strawberries
- ¾ cup guava juice
- ½ cup white tea
- ¼ coconut milk
- Add a bowl of ice into the blender then add at least 6 fresh big strawberries🍓 and guava juice🍐. (If you want to use frozen strawberries you can reduce the amount of ice.)
- Then add white tea & small squash of (coconut milk is not compulsory). Blend it.
- Now add Boba into the glass🥛 and add the blended mixture.
#7. TROPICAL BOBA MATCHA
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ¼ cup Hot water
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- ⅓ cup of coconut milk
- Take 1tsp of matcha powder, add into the bowl with hot water♨ and mix it up.
- Add ice into a shaker and then matcha.
- After adding it add some pineapple milk🍍 and coconut milk🥥.
- Now add Boba and 1 tbsp syrup in the shaker.
- And here is your Tropical Boba matcha Ready🤩.
#8. BOBA JASMINE GREEN MILK TEA
- 3 tea bags with 2 cups water steeped for 5 minutes
- 2 cups jasmine green tea
- 1 tbsp simple syrup
- ½ cup whole milk
- Add 3tea bag in 2cup of water and boil it for 4 min⏱ and let your jasmine green tea cool down.
- Then add ice🧊 in shaker followed by jasmine green tea.
- To make drink sweeter add 1 tbsp syrup and add milk🥛 into it.
- Yeah……!🤩 Here is your boba jasmine green milk tea is ready.
#9.VIETNAMESE COFFEE BOBA
- 2 tbsp Condensed Milk
- Vietnamese Coffee
- Add 2tbsp condensed milk🥛 into a cup.
- You can use a traditional Vietnamese coffee filter.
- Just percolates espresso beans with water down into the cup.
(you can find this on Amazon it’s really cheap it’s like eight dollars💲 it’s great for camping).
- Fill the coffee☕ filter up with 2 ½ tsp.
- Put the tampon the top and fill the Finn with hot water and the coffee with start coming down slowly. ( recommended to do it twice )
- Take coffee in the glass with condensed milk and add boba and ice🧊.
- Here is your Vietnamese Coffee Boba ready😍.
#10.MATCHA AND CHEESE CREAM BOBA
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- ¼ cup of hot water
- 2 tsp syrup
- 2tbsp of cream cheese
- 1 tsp matcha powder and add ¼ cup of hot water and whisk it up and pour it into the glass.
- 2 tsp syrup and add some boba, milk and ice🧊.
- For cheese foam, add 2tbsp of cream cheese🧀.
- Then add ¼ cup of whipped cream and 1tbsp of sugar and whip it up until nice foamy.
- If you find it too thick then add some milk in it.
- Then add it in the cup and put a little matcha powder.
- Hey! Your drink is ready.
HISTORY AND FACTS OF BUBBLE TEA
Boba culture most likely started in Taichung in the late 80s.
Tea was in high practice in East Asia and milk tea was very well known in Taiwan where tapioca balls were common desserts.
Once during summer, a savvy food stall owner though to combine all three famous elements together in a one beverages i.e tapioca balls at the bottom followed by ice and milk tea.
There 2 competing stories about the inventing of boba tea or pearl tea.
The first claim says that it was invented in 1986 by Tu Tsong claimed by Hanlin Tea Room.
They say that he was inspired when he saw white tapioca balls in Ya Mu Liao market.
Then he experimented to make tea with tapioca balls which resulted in “pearl tea” or “boba tea”.
The second claim says it was claimed by Liu Han Chieh when he observed coffee was served cold in Japan on a visit in the 1980s.
The creator of boba tea is Lin Hsiu Hui, the product manager of their teahouse.
She randomly poured her tapioca balls in the ice tea in a boring meeting.
The sugar level in boba tea is usually specified in percentages like 30%, 50%, 70% and 100%.
I hope you found these recipes interesting and tasty😋.
Boba beverages are one of the tastiest beverages🥂 I have tasted till now and hope you will like👍 it too.
If you end up to make any recipes or all the Boba recipes make sure to tell us your experience😍.
If you found this content informative😇 and helpful please do comment💬 and share📝our post with your friends👯♂️ and family👨👨👧👦.
Also, observe us on our social media📢 accounts mentioned below🔰.
IF YOU WANT IMMUNITY BUILDING RECIPES 👈👈👈 CLICK HERE
Thank you🤝 for reading this post.